Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookies

Snickerdoodle Cookies
These are softer and more cake textured than a Snickerdoodle but I think the taste is there.  They have hereby so been named "Snickerdoodle"!  I have eaten WAY too many of these today.  I don't think it's low carb when you eat 15 or so at a time.  My 2 year old Girl devoured about three and then got upset when I wouldn't give her anymore.  The Boy had a few.  The Hubs said they were a nice little snack.  I'd have to say these are a winner.  They are nice little shortbread cookies with cinnamon and Splenda sprinkled on top.  I found the Torani Sugar Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup at Cost Plus World Market but if you can't find it, you could just use Vanilla or maybe even a complimentary flavor, Hazelnut might be good.  You might even be able to Doctor something up using a bit of blackstrap molasses and ground cinnamon.  I might try adding those myself next time I make them.  Yum!

4 STARS
36 cookies
1.2 net carbs per cookie

BATTER:
2 sticks of butter, softened
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated Splenda
2 egg yolks
2 TBSP Torani SF Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup
2 cups Carbquik


TOPPING:
2 TBSP granulated Splenda
1 tsp ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Mix the butter, cream cheese and Splenda with a mixer until smooth.  Add the yolks and syrup and mix until smooth.  Add the Carbquik and mix until it looks like cookie batter.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  With a spoon, droop balls of dough onto cookie sheet.  They don't have to look good as they will spread and smooth out.  Make sure to leave a little room between each for spreading.  Heavily sprinkle the topping mixture over each cookie.  Use more than you think you need as the topping thins out as the cookies spread.  Bake for 16-19 minutes.  Watch them carefully as the tops never really brown but the bottoms will.  I made 2 batches and preferred the batch that I left in closer to the 19 minutes but ovens vary.  Remove cookie sheet from oven but DO NOT TOUCH the cookies!  They are extremely fragile when first removed.  Leave them be on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.  Then carefully slide the parchment sheet off your cookie sheet (still don't touch the cookies) to finish cooling.  You can then get a new sheet of parchment paper for your next batch.  Let the cookies continue to cool on the parchment paper for another 10 minutes or so.  They should now be more like shortbread and easier to handle.



6 comments:

  1. I will have to look for the SF syrup. It would be fun to eat a Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made these. The kitchen smells wonderful! I did the blackstrap molasses and a little vanilla and added just a smidgen of sugar free syrup (like for pancakes). The molasses took out some of the "there is NO sugar in this" bitter taste! I ate a warm one.. wow!! Great! Next time I'll look for the SF Sugar Cinnamon syrup. That would be awesome! Thanks for a great recipe! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed! I think I need to make more!

      Delete
  4. just checking , but doesn't snickerdoodle cookies require cream of tarter ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you substitute the syup

    ReplyDelete